Obviously Bookshelves are for books.
The cupboard underneath my bookshelves will also have to be for the books that are too big for the shelves or books that will not stand upright.
But the rest of the things that have to be kept in the study need storage too.
So this is a round up of some of the storage bargains I have found in the last year.
Crafts, Pens & Pencils,
Kids Work Items
Paper & Card, Gift cards
CDs, Dvds, Records
All of this needs to be ordered and stored in the best way to make my life easier every time I need to put my hands on something and also to leave the desk clearer to work at the computer and have another surface free to work on crafts or simply piecing together the papers involved in the Sunday School and other areas of the Kids Work.
I bought various storage items at different times when I saw a bargain or saw something that wasn't too cheap but I just really liked it.
1. One Store I think is great for bargains of all kinds is B&M and from it I got
3 sets of 3 Beige wicker nesting baskets with hearts and each set only cost £9.99
3 White wicker baskets with beige lining and hearts which have a pair of handles costing £4.99 each
Collapsible cardboard A4 lidded boxes - 2 white with butterflies and 3 silver at 99p each
(I went back to get more of the butterfly ones when I saw how nice they were made up but was too late and they had none left)
Material covered baskets with leather type handles and a printed design which were £3.99 each.
I got 5 of these and 3 are already being used in Fred's Office.
2. Another store I love is Lakeland
These cream plastic crates are examples of just 2 of the sizes available in this range and again some of these are already being used in Fred's office.
3. I have always been a fan of the Past Times Shops for gifts and decor but when they were closing down their shop near our home, I got a great bargain in seven of these baskets for only 50p each. These were actually the shopping baskets for the customers to use but I knew they would be good for storage and also for making up gift baskets.
4. This next set of 3 nesting boxes were bought a few years ago and just never used yet.
They are not very large but will be suitable for CDs or smaller items and they are very firm boxes.
I am not sure what first tempted me to buy them, whether it was the price which was £5.99 or the colour as they are a lovely shade of blue and will go well in my study.
I just can't remember where it was I got them.
5. I like to have a wander around T K Maxx just simply because you never know what you will find in their housewares area. A few weeks ago I just couldn't resist these two items.
A lovely sturdy Parisian print design case with a clasp and Leather type strap.
I'm thinking perhaps for Momentos.
And this beautiful Butterfly decorated flip over lid box which I may use for photographs.
6. Matalan has been another shop which I have found to sometimes have more unusual storage containers. Mostly they have been a big large for our study and office, but I have always liked to have a look round and have bought some things in the past for other parts of the house.
A few months ago I looked on their website and saw these sets of crates and fell in love with them.
Each set consists of 2 nesting wooden crates with the words "Get Organised" Stenciled on them and chalkboard panels. I had recently bought chalkboard style labels and pens to write on them so I was hooked.
Although they were not a great bargain they were cheaper than any other similar items in other places.
So I headed off to our nearest Matalan store and managed to get some of these and then discovered I could get some discount on my store card so I didn't have to pay the full price of £15 for each set.
Now this is definitely FUNWORK and not HOUSEWORK as I have to admit I always find myself drawn to looking at any type of storage and too often tempted to buy items.
This also means that I do have other plastic boxes and baskets being used around the house and others still waiting to find just the right items to go inside them so I will definitely have a choice of items for my needs in the study.
Right off I go now to start making my lists of items that need a home and try to match them up with the best storage container I have.