Each Sunday I am going to choose a Psalm and write down some brief thoughts on it.
Today I'm looking at Psalm 23
This is probably the best known Psalm.
I see this Psalm as a Psalm of Praise
1. Extolling the Virtues of God
2. Stating the good things He has done for us
3. Telling God how we trust Him
4. Acknowledging that we know God provides everything for us
5. Exclaiming that we know the hope we have for the future
A Great Example.
David has given us this fine example of praising God.
You can feel the excitement over the fact that David realizes just what God means to him.
Not a Word of Thanks.
David did not even need a word of thanks in this Psalm because He is simply caught up in Praising God.
That first verse gives us the complete comfort of knowing that God looks after us in everything so there is no concern for us to dwell on - a simple fact.
To Praise God
not to give thanks
to tell Him what He means to you
just express how great He is.