A Collection of Poirot Short Stories.
These are 11 short stories where M.Poirot and Captain Hastings solve mysteries together.
1. The Adventures of the Western Star
2. The Tragedy at Marsden Manor
3. The Adventure of the Cheap Flat
4. The Mystery of Hunter's Lodge
5. The Million Dollar Bond Robbery
6. The Adventure of the Egyptian Tomb
7. The Jewel Robbery at the Grand Metropolitan
8. The Kidnapped Prime Minister
9. The Disappearance of Mr. Davenheim
10. The Adventure of the Italian Nobelman
11. The Case of the Missing Will
M.Poirot solves the mysteries using his"little grey cells" and Hastings speculates wrongfully.
Cross a movie star,
a French maid,
a prime minister,
a wealthy dowager,
and an Italian count
with Hercule Poirot
and you get a collection of the detective's most intriguing criminal puzzles.
This is the third Poirot book by Agatha Christie.
11 completely different short stories.
Great for lifting and setting down after one story.
Great for that little fix of an Agatha Christie puzzle to be solved during a busy day.
Contains stories that are well crafted and true to the suspense and mystery of her full length Poirot stories.
I really enjoyed this especially as I read it during good weather so left it by the door of the Sunroom and just grabbed it each time I took a little break on the sun lounger in the back garden.
My one question after reading this was simply
"How did she know when to write a short story or a full length novel when the basic idea
for a plot came into her head each time?"
Here is a link to a list of her novels on Shelfari
Books by Agatha Christie