This is also made the way my husband likes it (with his favourite extra ingredient)!
However if you are like us and always (well mostly) wanting to make dinner in a hurry because there are so many other things we want to do, then you probably want some meals that are very QUICK and can be made in 10 minutes or less.
Even if you only want a 10 minute meal occasionally and you like Chicken Korma then this is for you.
Pre-cooked chicken (enough for 2 people)
Jar of Korma Sauce
3 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
3 tablespoons of icing sugar (powdered sugar)
1 bag of Microwaveable Rice ( we prefer Uncle Ben's Lemon & Rosemary)
1 small tin of pineapple rings (Fred's favourite extra ingredient!)
If you do not want
extra coconut in your Korma
to have it sweeter
to include pineapple
just ignore those parts and you can have it ready even quicker.
1. Pour the contents of the jar of Korma Sauce into a pan over medium heat
2. Cut up the chicken into the pan (I use scissors) and give a quick stir
3. Add the coconut and give a quick stir
4. Add the sugar and give a quick stir & turn up heat
5. Place rice in Microwave to cook for 2 minutes (or whatever time the instructions state)
6. Cut pineapple rings into pieces (again using the scissors), add to pan and give a quick stir
7. Pour rice from bag on to two plates
8. Quick stir again of all ingredients in the pan and then pour out on top of rice on the plates.
Of course while I'm doing most of the above, Fred cuts the pineapple, sets the table and pours out drinks.
If you are like our grown up children (who do not live with us any more) then you are probably saying something like
"Oh no you can't make Korma like that!"
While we just laugh and tuck in.
Nowhere in this blog post am I claiming that this is a healthy meal!But
In our house we like to have meals we like and some of them are really healthy and some are not so healthy however the size of portion is not enormous.