Well this is one of those recipes because this works great with frozen salmon fillets as well as fresh ones.
I normally have everything that is needed because they are things we would use often and because we are fond of salmon I always have some in the fridge or freezer (so easy to defrost quickly).
This was the first meal my husband had after he had been so ill for days with food poisoning and lets face it he is not a great fish eater but he does love this.
So it basically is very easy to prepare and cook and in total takes about 50-60 mins
Salmon fillets enough for 2 people
Red Peppers 1 per 2 people
Green Peppers 1 per 2 people
Onions 1 per 2 people
2 table spoons olive oil
8 table spoons balsamic vinegar
Enough Rice for 2 people
1. Mix the oil and balsamic vinegar together in a Pyrex/casserole dish not too small.
2. Cut up onions and peppers in lengths and add to dish stirring around in the mixture.
3. Place in a preheated hot oven for 10 mins then add some boiling water and stir around, leave in oven for another 5 mins or until the vegetables look like they are starting to soften.
4. Place the salmon on top of the vegetables, grind some black pepper over the salmon and then drizzle salmon with lime/lemon juice as much or as little as you like.
5. Place dish back in oven and cook for a further 8-10 mins.
6. Then grill on medium/high for approx. 5 mins. Salmon should be soft but nicely browned on top.
7. Serve Salmon and vegetables on top of rice and scoop up remaining juices from dish to pour over rice.
As you can see from the picture I had two different types of Salmon fillets this time simply because I grabbed the first two packets I found in the freezer
(shape doesn't matter to us).
We love this meal and have it at least three times a month.
When we want to feel even more healthy we just leave out the oil and it is fine that way too.
If you try it let me know what you think.
For a few more recipes click on through to my Recipes Page